HGV Technician (24-Hour Call Out)
Sparshatt Truck & Van Ltd has been synonymous with Mercedes-Benz in Kent for 40 years. Today the group operates four well-established sales and service sites across the county.
We are looking for an experienced commercial vehicle technician to join our busy Tonbridge team as our new 24hour Call-out Technician. Reporting to the Workshop Controller, you will be responsible for carrying out maintenance and service routines, repairs and testing of vehicles in a professional and safe manner. You will also be required to execute emergency service/field repairs as required.
To be successful in this role, you will be a team player with experience of working in the commercial vehicle sector and have a passion for great customer service. Main dealer or fleet experience is advantageous however main dealer training is available to the right candidate.
- Certified Commercial Technician, Mercedes Benz training would be desirable
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record. (HGV license preferred; training offered to the correct candidate)
- Outstanding communication skills
- Punctuality, flexibility and reliability are key to this role
The role offers a competitive salary together with our excellent benefits:
- A competitive salary with bonus scheme
- Regular overtime opportunities, paid at time and a half
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Excellent working conditions
- Company Healthcare Cashback Scheme with a wellbeing programme via Simply Health
- Excellent training opportunities with the Mercedes Benz Technical Pathway
- The opportunity to work with one of the leading brands worldwide.
Hours of work:
When not “On-Call”: 8 am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
When “On-Call”: Must be available to work on a rota basis 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (paid at overtime rate outside of normal hours)
If you feel you have the skills and the experience we are looking for and want to be part of Britain's most successful Mercedes-Benz dealerships, please submit an application or apply via Indeed.
Sparshatt Truck and Van Ltd are committed to continuing its policy of equality in all aspects of employment and service delivery.
Looking for jobs elsewhere?
Providing 24 hour customer care our Sittingbourne depot is one of our largest. From Finance and Marketing positions to Commercial Vehicle technicians we are always on the look out for talent, follow the link to browse our full list of vacancies at our Sittingbourne Depot.
Based on the Ashford Brookfield Industrial Estate, our Ashford depot boasts great transport links as well as being only a short walk away from Ashford International train station. Follow the link to browse our full list of vacancies at our Ashford Depot.
Our Tonbridge Depot is a well equipped and run depot, which benefits from being located near the town centre and other local amenities. Follow the link to browse our full list of vacancies at our Tonbridge Depot.
Based in the centre of Dartford, our Dartford Depot features a new spacious workshop as well as a fully equipped in-house staff gym. Follow the link to browse our full list of vacancies at our Dartford Depot.