Mercedes-Benz PDI Technician
Sparshatt Truck & Van Ltd has been synonymous with Mercedes-Benz in Kent for 40 years. Today the group operates four well-established sales and service sites across the county.
Reporting to the PDI Centre Manager, you will be an expert in the preparation of new vehicles from the point of arrival at the workshop until delivery to the customer ensuring all requirements are met and all paperwork is completed to a high standard.
Through the professional performance of all preparation work, defined retrofitting of accessories and preservation work, the PDI Technician makes an essential contribution to the value retention of the customer vehicles. They can identify not just the Mercedes issues but also any defects in the paintwork or aftermarket bodies and ensures that the vehicle is delivered to the customer on time in a condition fitting the value of the vehicle.
- Experience of working in this sector having completed an apprenticeship in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair or significant experience of being a PDI Technician.
- A valid HGV Class 2 driving licence
- Ideally have experience of carrying out Tachograph calibrations
- Main dealer or fleet experience is advantageous however main dealer training is available to the right candidate.
- Good communication and customer service skills
The role offers a competitive salary together with our excellent benefits:
- A competitive salary with bonus scheme
- Regular overtime opportunities, paid at time and a half
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Excellent working conditions
- Company Healthcare Cashback Scheme with a wellbeing programme via Simply Health
- Free on-site parking
- 0% interest free staff loan scheme
- Death in Service Benefit valued at £20,000
- Access to a Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free pension and mortgage advice
- Access to a fully equipped in-house staff gym (Dartford depot)
- Excellent training opportunities with the Mercedes Benz Technical Pathway
- The opportunity to work with one of the leading brands worldwide.
If you feel you have the skills and the experience we are looking for and want to be part of Britain's most successful Mercedes-Benz dealerships, please apply via Indeed.
Sparshatt Truck and Van Ltd are committed to continuing its policy of equality in all aspects of employment and service delivery.
Looking for jobs elsewhere?
Providing 24 hour customer care our Sittingbourne depot is one of our largest. From Finance and Marketing positions to Commercial Vehicle technicians we are always on the look out for talent, follow the link to browse our full list of vacancies at our Sittingbourne Depot.
Based on the Ashford Brookfield Industrial Estate, our Ashford depot boasts great transport links as well as being only a short walk away from Ashford International train station. Follow the link to browse our full list of vacancies at our Ashford Depot.
Our Tonbridge Depot is a well equipped and run depot, which benefits from being located near the town centre and other local amenities. Follow the link to browse our full list of vacancies at our Tonbridge Depot.
Based in the centre of Dartford, our Dartford Depot features a new spacious workshop as well as a fully equipped in-house staff gym. Follow the link to browse our full list of vacancies at our Dartford Depot.