Service Reception Manager
Sparshatt Truck & Van Ltd is a Mercedes-Benz commercial dealership and has been established within Kent for over 45 years. Today we operate four successful sales and service sites across the county, employing over 240 staff.
Due to growing demand at our new Dartford site, we have created an exciting new role - Service Reception Manager to lead our team of busy Service Advisers. As our Service Reception Manager, you will report directly to the General Manager and be responsible for ensuring a smooth and effective operation that provides our customers with the best possible experience.
Your duties will include:
- Manage, coach and motivate the Service Reception team
- Work closely with the Workshop Controllers making sure you and your team get the information needed from the workshop in order to deliver the best possible customer service
- Review all Service Reception processes and systems to make sure they are effective
- Review surveys and other measures for monitoring customer satisfaction.
- Provide expert information and guidance to customers on products and service
- Handle complex technical problems, co-ordinating activities with the corresponding contacts (Diagnostic Technician, technical hotline, plants etc.)
- Has overall responsibility for ensuring the service reception areas continue to meet Mercedes Benz standards
- Ensuring a good relationship and effective communication between the Service Reception teams, the workshops, parts and sales areas.
- Ensure knowledge is kept up to date by attending appropriate training when required.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of working at a management level within a Service Reception of a main commercial dealer
- Experience of reviewing and updating processes
- Experience of leading teams who have achieved high performance, through delegation, coaching and training
- Technical knowledge of the product and after-sales service
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely organised with the ability to use initiative and manage multiple priorities
- Proficiency in full suite of Microsoft Office Programmes, with experience using automotive dealer databases and the ability to learn new software packages quickly.
The role offers a competitive salary together with our excellent benefits:
- A range of training and development opportunities
- 24 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Healthcare cash back plan with Wellbeing support via Simply Health
- Access to our free on-site staff gym
- Death in service lump sum payment of £20,000
- Interest free employee loans
- Company contributory pension
- The opportunity to work with one of the leading brands worldwide
If you feel you have the skills and the experience we are looking for and want to be part of Britain's most successful Mercedes-Benz dealerships, please submit your CV to our Group HR Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org and find out more about of organisation by visiting our website https://www.sparshattgroup.com.
Sparshatt Truck and Van Ltd are committed to continuing its policy of equality in all aspects of employment and service delivery.
Looking for jobs elsewhere?
Providing 24 hour customer care our Sittingbourne depot is one of our largest. From Finance and Marketing positions to Commercial Vehicle technicians we are always on the look out for talent, follow the link to browse our full list of vacancies at our Sittingbourne Depot.
Based on the Ashford Brookfield Industrial Estate, our Ashford depot boasts great transport links as well as being only a short walk away from Ashford International train station. Follow the link to browse our full list of vacancies at our Ashford Depot.
Our Tonbridge Depot is a well equipped and run depot, which benefits from being located near the town centre and other local amenities. Follow the link to browse our full list of vacancies at our Tonbridge Depot.
Based in the centre of Dartford, our Dartford Depot features a new spacious workshop as well as a fully equipped in-house staff gym. Follow the link to browse our full list of vacancies at our Dartford Depot.