• No-deal Brexit guidance for hauliers

  • The DVSA has issued new guidance for hauliers and commercial drivers operating in the EU in the event that the UK leaves the EU without a deal.

    For example, drivers will need to carry additional documentation including a passport with at least six months left on it (www.gov.uk/visit-europe-brexit) and, for some journeys, an ECMT permit (www.gov.uk/guidance/carry-out-international-road-haulage-after-brexit).  A Driver Certificate of Professional Competence, tachograph driver card and, in France, Italy and Cyprus, an international driving permit will also be required.

    Separate cargo and customs documents will be required as well.  They will need to be requested from the shipping agent.  If the goods being transported are high risk or controlled products, further documentation will also be required.

    To see the full information, visit www.gov.uk/guidance/transporting-goods-between-the-uk-and-eu-in-a-no-deal-brexit-guidance-for-hauliers