This spring’s series of FTA Van Excellence Operational Briefings, sponsored by Mercedes-Benz Vans, will explore risk and driver management and discuss best practice and compliance issues.
The three events will take place on:
- 1 March at Villa Park, Aston Villa Football Club.
- 23 March at Twickenham Stadium, London.
- 29 March at Pavilions of Harrogate.
They are designed to assist any van operator, from large fleets to those with just one vehicle, and the topics to be covered include:
- A dramatised serious road traffic collision enacted with mock police interviews under caution.
- Best practice for managing van drivers.
- Protecting against drug-driving: explaining the changes to legislation and exploring practical ways for operators to manage their responsibilities.
- Managing driver health issues – lessons learned from recent well-publicised cases.
- Reducing driver distraction and understanding van driver psychology.
- Strategies for managing drivers and reducing risk.
Delegates attending last year gave the Operational Briefings a 93% approval rating.
Head of Business Development at Mercedes-Benz Vans Andy Eccles, who will be delivering the sponsor’s address for the Operational Briefings, commented: “We are extremely proud to be supporting the FTA Van Excellence Operational Briefings again this year Safety and compliance are such important areas for all van operators, irrespective of size, so we are pleased to be able to help spread the word and support the industry. We will also be present with vehicle displays and a stand at the events to enable van operators to further understand how our products and services can help to support and keep their business moving, effectively, efficiently and compliantly.”
The Van Excellence Operational Briefings are open to all van operators and the cost to attend is £50 + VAT per delegate. For further information or to book a place, go to http://www.fta.co.uk/events/van-excellence-operational-briefings-2016.html.