Sparshatt Truck & Van ltd has been synonymous with Mercedes-Benz in Kent for 40 years. Today the group operates four well-established sales and service sites across the county, employing over 200 staff.
Our original values of personal service and commitment to our customers remain as strong as ever and we are now looking for an experienced Management Accountant to join our busy finance team located at our Sittingbourne Depot to support us as we continue to build for a successful future.
The role of the management accountant is to support our Financial Controller to manage all of our accounts and to assist with supporting managers from across our business on the financial implications of business decisions to aid growth and profit. These duties include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Post prepayments, accruals and other standard journals
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Preparation and submission of monthly composite figures to Mercedes Benz
- Reconcile Mercedes Benz vehicle parts statements to clear down ledger
- Authorise invoices for standard/utility costs for P/L
- Assist with balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Daily cash flow
- Approve payments
The skills and qualities required for this role are:
- Experience of being a management account for a medium sized business, ideally within a similar industry
- Part qualified ACCA/CIMA
- Excellent analytical and numerical abilities
- Accuracy and an eye for detail.
- Understanding of the legal, tax and fiscal implications of finance
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Critical and analytical thinking
- IT skills, working knowledge of Kerridge/ADP would be an advantage
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary with bonus scheme
- A range of training and development opportunities
- Excellent working conditions
- Healthcare cash back plan (Simply Health)
- Company contributory pension
- The opportunity to work with one of the leading brands worldwide.
If you feel you have the skills and the experience we are looking for and want to be part of Britain's most successful Mercedes-Benz dealerships, please visit our website www.sparshattgroup.com to find out more or submit your CV.
Sparshatts is committed to continuing its policy of equality in all aspects of employment and service delivery.
Looking for jobs elsewhere?
Providing 24 hour customer care our Sittingbourne depot is one of our largest. From Finance and Marketing positions to Commercial Vehicle technicians we are always on the look out for talent, follow the link to browse our full list of vacancies at our Sittingbourne Depot.
Based on the Ashford Brookfield Industrial Estate, our Ashford depot boasts great transport links as well as being only a short walk away from Ashford International train station. Follow the link to browse our full list of vacancies at our Ashford Depot.
Our Tonbridge Depot is a well equipped and run depot, which benefits from being located near the town centre and other local amenities. Follow the link to browse our full list of vacancies at our Tonbridge Depot.
Based in the centre of Dartford, our Dartford Depot features a new spacious workshop as well as a fully equipped in-house staff gym. Follow the link to browse our full list of vacancies at our Dartford Depot.