HGV Technician (Split Shift, Call-out)
Sparshatt Truck & Van Ltd has been synonymous with Mercedes-Benz in Kent for 40 years. Today the group operates four well-established sales and service sites across the county.
Sparshatt Truck & Van Ltd are a Mercedes-Benz Commercial franchise. We currently have a vacancy for a 24hour Call-out Commercial Vehicle Technician.
Reporting to the Workshop Controller, you will be responsible for carrying out maintenance and service routines, repairs and testing of vehicles in a professional and safe manner. You will also be required to execute emergency service/field repairs if required. You need to be a team player, able to work to deadlines and have the ability to use your own initiative.
The successful candidate must have experience working in this sector and a passion for great customer service. Main dealer or fleet experience is advantageous however main dealer training is available to the right candidate.
- Certified Commercial Technician, Mercedes-Benz trained would be an advantage
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record. (HGV license preferred, training offered to the correct candidate)
- Outstanding communication skills
- Punctuality, flexibility and reliability are key to this role
Full Mandatory Mercedes Benz call-out training is provided to the successful candidate and will need to be completed before going onto the call-out rota.
Hours of work.
Split shift: 6am – 2 pm (early)/12 to 8pm (late) Monday to Friday. Saturdays included on a rota basis (Paid at time and half)
The role offers a competitive salary together with our excellent benefits:
- A competitive salary with bonus scheme
- Regular overtime opportunities, paid at time and a half
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Excellent working conditions
- Company Healthcare Cashback Scheme with a wellbeing programme via Simply Health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest free employee loan scheme
- Excellent training opportunities with the Mercedes Benz Technical Pathway
- The opportunity to work with one of the leading brands worldwide.
If you feel you have the skills and the experience we are looking for and want to be part of Britain's most successful Mercedes-Benz dealerships, please submit an application or apply via Indeed
Sparshatt Truck and Van Ltd are committed to continuing its policy of equality in all aspects of employment and service delivery.
Looking for jobs elsewhere?
Providing 24 hour customer care our Sittingbourne depot is one of our largest. From Finance and Marketing positions to Commercial Vehicle technicians we are always on the look out for talent, follow the link to browse our full list of vacancies at our Sittingbourne Depot.
Based on the Ashford Brookfield Industrial Estate, our Ashford depot boasts great transport links as well as being only a short walk away from Ashford International train station. Follow the link to browse our full list of vacancies at our Ashford Depot.
Our Tonbridge Depot is a well equipped and run depot, which benefits from being located near the town centre and other local amenities. Follow the link to browse our full list of vacancies at our Tonbridge Depot.
Based in the centre of Dartford, our Dartford Depot features a new spacious workshop as well as a fully equipped in-house staff gym. Follow the link to browse our full list of vacancies at our Dartford Depot.