24h Call Out Coordinator
Sparshatt Truck & Van Ltd has been synonymous with Mercedes-Benz in Kent for 40 years. Today the group operates four well-established sales and service sites across the county, employing over 200 staff.
Due to a growth in demand, we have created a new position to help manage and coordinate our 24hr Road-side Assistance Service. If you are confident with IT systems, have excellent organisation and customer service skills, this could be the opportunity you are looking for. As our new 24hr Call-out Controller, you will work with our technicians ensuring they are despatched to breakdowns making sure we get the provision of road-side technical support to the customer as soon as possible.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Work with the Mercedes-Benz’s Customer Assistance Centre to allocate and dispatch our technicians to breakdowns across Kent.
- Provide excellent care a support to our customers by keeping them updated throughout
- Capture data that helps our Service Managers to monitor the attendance and repair times ensuring our service is meeting customer expectations
- Support technicians with navigation – helping them find the fastest route to the customer
- Compile information for effective handover to late and night shift supervisors
- Raise job cards for the work to be carried out
- Become an expert in the Mercedes-Benz Mobilo Roadside Assistance Service - providing our customers with advice and guidance to ensure they are fully aware and receive all associated benefits of Mobilo in the event of a breakdown.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Excellent demonstratable coordination and organisation skills – can work under pressure managing numerous tasks at once and with efficiency
- Is an effective communicator over the phone, with the ability to share complex information in an easy to understand way.
- Have a high level of IT literacy with the ability to readily adapt and use new systems.
- Has experience in trend analysis and report creation, with an ability to communicate ideas and resolutions clearly and precisely.
- Experience of coordinating vehicle breakdown road-side assistance/recovery would be an advantage
In return we offer
- A competitive salary with bonus
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Free parking on site
- 0% interest free staff loan scheme
- Death in Service Benefit valued at £20,000
- Access to a Cycle to Work Scheme
- Company Healthcare Cashback Scheme with a wellbeing programme via Simply Health
- Fully equipped in-house staff gym (Dartford depot)
- Mercedes Benz training
- The opportunity to work with one of the leading brands worldwide.
If you feel you have the skills and the experience we are looking for and want to be part of Britain's most successful Mercedes-Benz dealerships, please apply via Indeed.
Sparshatt Truck & Van Ltd is committed to continuing its policy of equality in all aspects of employment and service deliver.
Looking for jobs elsewhere?
Providing 24 hour customer care our Sittingbourne depot is one of our largest. From Finance and Marketing positions to Commercial Vehicle technicians we are always on the look out for talent, follow the link to browse our full list of vacancies at our Sittingbourne Depot.
Based on the Ashford Brookfield Industrial Estate, our Ashford depot boasts great transport links as well as being only a short walk away from Ashford International train station. Follow the link to browse our full list of vacancies at our Ashford Depot.
Our Tonbridge Depot is a well equipped and run depot, which benefits from being located near the town centre and other local amenities. Follow the link to browse our full list of vacancies at our Tonbridge Depot.
Based in the centre of Dartford, our Dartford Depot features a new spacious workshop as well as a fully equipped in-house staff gym. Follow the link to browse our full list of vacancies at our Dartford Depot.